Snapchat is a popular platform where people share disappearing messages, known as “snaps,” as well as interact with their friends and followers via messages.
If you want to find out if someone has created a fake Snapchat account, you’ll need to do some research. You can trace the account by going to a tracing website where you’ll enter their username and be provided with lots of valuable information. Look out for content that doesn’t reflect people’s real-life behavior, beliefs, and attitudes and the profiles that have very little engagement.
In this article, we’ll explain how to trace a fake Snapchat account, how to trace someone’s IP address via Snapchat if you have doubts about who they are, and how to get fake Snapchat accounts deleted.
Can You Trace A Fake Snapchat Account?
Chances are, you have been in a situation where you wanted to know the location of someone you’re chatting with on Snapchat. Maybe you don’t really know that person, and you want to make sure they are really who they say they are, and it’s not a fake account.
If they don’t have the Snap Map enabled, you think that maybe you’ve hit a dead end. But the good news is, you can still track them. Here’s how:
There are websites that provide tracking for all social media platforms, such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, and more. If you are tracking someone on Snapchat, you’ll choose the same.
- Once you’ve chosen the platform (Snapchat), you’ll enter their username where it tells you to.
- Then, you’ll click on “Search” on the right side of the screen – or you can just press enter.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
- At this point, the website will locate the IP address of the user. Once you have that information, it’s easy to track them.
- Now, you’ll be taken to a page where you can “Unlock all details” to view the IP address and location.
- If you have been able to unlock all their details, you’ll be able to view their IPV4, what country they are located in, the region/state, and finally, you will see what city they are located in.
As you can see, this process is actually fairly easy and a handy tool to have if someone is harassing you or doing illegal activities on Snapchat.
Can You Track IP Addresses On Snapchat?
When you use Snapchat, your IP address is revealed to the Snapchat servers, but it is not displayed for other users to see.
Snapchat is a secure platform and would not reveal this information to the general public. However, there are other ways that you can find someone’s IP address.
You just need to be able to convince the user to click on a link, which comes in handy if you’re chatting with someone that you believe might be lying about who and where they are. This is known as an IP Logger.
There are lots of IP Loggers to choose from on the market, and they all work equally well to help you pinpoint someone’s location.
- Figure out what they are interested in and then find content on the internet related to that interest. Copy the URL of the page.
- Go to the homepage of the IP Logger you are using and paste the URL that you just copied.
- This will create a shortened URL for you to share that has a tracker loaded into it.
- Go back to Snapchat and share the URL with your target. This will take them to the content you want them to see. However, the IP information of the user will go to the IP Logger that you are using.
- Once you’re sure that the link has been visited, you’ll go back to the IP Logger site and enter the URL in the same input field you did when you created it.
- This time, instead of creating a URL, you’ll click on “Tracking Code,” and you will be provided a list of IPs logged for you. In addition to their IP address, you’ll also get their location, the operating system they are using, and lots of other details that you might find helpful.
Of course, this information should not be used to harm someone, only to keep yourself safe if you feel like you are in danger.
How To Find Out Who Made A Fake Snapchat Account?
Finding out who is behind a Snapchat account – or who made a fake Snapchat account – is actually a fairly easy process. Here’s how you do it:
- You can immediately find out who is behind an account by utilizing the Snapchat username lookup feature. These days, there are so many people who are doing illegal things through social media, so some sophisticated search engine systems have been established.
- Through these search engine systems, you can easily find out someone’s name, location, phone number, and email address. This information will reveal to you whether an account is real or fake.
How To Find The Email Behind A Snapchat Account?
At this time, there is no way to get an email behind a Snapchat account. There was a privacy leak issue at one time that allowed you to access this information, but that has since been fixed.
How To Get A Fake Snapchat Account Deleted?
There are several ways that you can tell whether a Snapchat account is real or not. Here’s how to tell if an account is real and how to get it deleted if it’s not.
Now that Snapchat has introduced “Official Stories” and the emoji indicator, it’s easier to find your favorite celebs, but how does this work?
For example, if you search for Ariana Grande, you will notice that there is an emoji next to her name. This is an indicator that she is verified, and it is really her that is on that Snapchat.
Additionally, you’ll find her snaps under the “Official Stories.”
How To Know If A Profile Is Fake
There are several signs that a profile is fake, even if it’s not someone famous who doesn’t have the option to become verified.
If you find someone on Snapchat that you think you might know, you can verify that it’s them by looking at their friends’ list on Facebook or checking out who they are following on Instagram. If they are following the same people on Snapchat, it’s probably them.
Indicators That It’s A Fake Account
Following are a few indicators that you have stumbled across a fake account:
- The content that is being posted from the account doesn’t reflect their real-life behavior, beliefs, and attitudes.
- The profile has very little if any, engagement.
Of course, just because these factors are present does not mean that it’s a fake account. It does definitely raise some red flags, though. Also, keep in mind that some people are on social media to observe; they don’t always interact with what is going on.
What To Do When You Find A Fake Account
The very first and best thing you can do when you find a fake account is to block and report them. Here’s how you do that:
- Tap and hold the username
- Tap “More”
- Tap “Report”
This will flag their account, and it will be sent to Snapchat support for an investigation. If it is indeed a fake account, Snapchat will take care of deleting it from its platform.
While there are some safeguards in place to keep people from creating fake accounts on social media platforms, such as Snapchat, the hackers and bots still get around it from time to time. You can help combat these fake Snapchat accounts by blocking and reporting them when you find them.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.