Forgetting your password can seem like the end of the world. How will you get back into the phone without losing everything?
To get into a locked Motorola phone, you can do a factory reset. Turn off your phone. Go into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons until you see the black screen, select “recovery mode”, press the power button. Hold the power button and press the volume up button, select the “factory reset” and then reboot the device.
What To Do When You’re Locked Out of Your Motorola Phone?
When you need to get into a Motorola phone, the most common option to use is a factory reset. This may seem like the only way to finally break the lock and allow yourself into a phone that is stuck.
This method can be efficient, just keep in mind that it will delete everything that is on the phone. There are other methods that you can use including a hard reset, find my device through Google, Android Multi-tools, a backup PIN, or even unlocking with your Google security questions.
How Do I Unlock My Motorola Phone If I Forgot My Password?
The factory reset is often the easiest way for you to get into the locked phone, but it runs the danger of losing your data. If you are desperate to get into the phone though, this can be a great option. To use a factory reset
- Select the Recovery Mode: You can press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. This will move you to the Bootloader page. Use the Volume down button to get to Recovery Mode. Hit Power. Hold onto Power and Volume Up to see the Recovery mode.
- Choose Factory Reset: You can then choose the Factory Reset option.
- Reboot system: When the factory reset is done, you can choose to reboot the system. This removes the password that you forgot on the phone and lets you use it again.
If you frequently backed up your data before the reset, you will be able to utilize this to help you bring all the data back over.
How To Unlock Motorola Phone Without a Password or Losing Data?
Your Motorola phone is attached to your Google accounts if you set it up to work this way. That will help you to work with this, even if you forgot your password. You can just unlock the password with the help of your Google account. To do this:
- Type in the wrong password: On your phone, you will need to type in the wrong password five times. You will then be able to look at the “unlock via Google” option.
- Enter Google Account: You will be able to click on this and log in with the information for your Google phone. Click on Sign In and then the phone is unlocked and all the data is still there.
You should consider changing the password to something you can remember now that you are inside the phone.
How to Unlock Motorola Password Without Factory Reset?
There are different methods that you can use to help unlock your Motorola password without needing to do a factory reset and losing all of your information. Some of the best options include:
1.Find My Device
This is a Google feature that helps you find your device remotely, but it will erase the data you have too. It can help you get back into the phone though. Some steps include:
- Visit Google Find My Device on the system
- Use your Google credentials to log in.
- When you are logged in, there will be three options. Choose Erase Device
- Choose Erase all data and click on Erase
Now the phone is erased and ready for you to put on a new password.
2.Unlock with Android Multi Tools
You can use multi-tools or a Gmail reset to help get into your phone. The steps to do this include:
- Use your own computer and open the browser of choice
- Download the app for Android Multi Tools. Open it up when installed
- Enable the USB debugging on the phone
- Press and hold both the Volume Up and power key on the phone.
- Connect the phone to the computer. You should see Android boot on mobile screen
- Select the 5th option and press enter
- Reset the mobile and complete the unlock
This may take a few minutes depending on the laptop you have and how quickly it is able to load.
3.Unlock with Backup PIN
You may be able to reset the phone and its password with the help of a backup PIN. To use this method:
- Turn on the phone with the Power button
- Try to put in the password five or six times. The phone will show the option Forgot Password
- Select Forgot Pattern option
- This should let you put in a backup PIN
- Enter in the PIN and unlock the phone
You will need to have a backup PIN in place on the phone before this one will work, but it can help if you forget the password.
4.Use Google Security Questions
This method will not always work, but on some models of phones, it can be a way to get into the phone. You will be able to access your Google security questions by:
- Turn on the phone and try to put in the password five times to get the Forgot password.
- Click on Forgot Pattern option and select to Answer Question
- Type in the answers to the Google questions you have and click Unlock
- You will see an option for YES or NO. Click on YES
- This step will have you create your new PIN
With the new PIN in place, your phone will be unlocked and ready for you to use it.
When you forget the password to your phone, you may feel like all is lost. But with the methods above, you will be able to take care of your phone and get it up and running in no time.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.