Screen mirroring is a great option to utilize for your convenience. This is often a simple process, but sometimes the sound will not work. How can you get this fixed?
To get sound when screen mirroring with your Android or iPhone, you will need to check the device that you want to cast the video on. When the audio settings work well, you will be able to hear everything that you mirror on the bigger screen.
Let’s take a look at some of the steps you can take if the sound does not work for you while screen mirroring and how you can get it back based on the screens and devices you want to use.
Does Screen Mirroring Allow Audio?
Screen mirroring does allow audio with it. You are basically sending the audio and video from your phone up to your TV, smart speakers, and other devices that are compatible with this.
This makes screen mirroring a 2 in 1 kind of feature. If the device is compatible with screen mirroring, you will be able to see the video and hear it.
Some of the images that you want to put up on the bigger screen with screen mirroring will not need audio. If you want to put up a video or a song, though, then the audio will be important.
When you connect your Android or iPhone to the necessary device, the audio will often work when you need it, without any additional steps.
If it does not work, it is often a sign that the audio is off with your TV or computer screen. You will need to use different steps to fix this issue based on the device that you use.
Why Is There No Sound With Screen Mirroring?
Sound mirroring is a great tool to use because it allows you a way to turn on a video from your phone and then watch and hear it from your TV.
This will work great as long as you get everything set up the right way. If something goes wrong with the setup or your speakers are not working well, it can get frustrating.
Some of the reasons that the sound is not working with screen mirroring include:
- The speaker cables are not hooked in properly.
- You have turned the sound off in your settings.
- Sound mirroring is not turned on for the TV.
- Something is wrong with the audio outputs on your TV.
Knowing which problem is to blame can help you figure out how to get it fixed. The steps to do this will depend on the type of TV you have.
How To Get Sound When Screen Mirroring?
When you set up screen mirroring between your phone and a computer or a TV, it should let the audio work fine. You may want to check some of the settings to make sure that the audio is on and working.
To check out the screen mirroring settings for your TV or computer, you can:
- Press on the Menu button.
- Click on the Network menu.
- Click on Screen Mirroring as one of the Wireless Mode settings.
- Select Screen Mirroring Settings and press Enter.
You will then be able to go through and pick some of the different settings that you need. This can include the display name, the wireless LAN, connection mode, adjusting the image quality, and PIN code notice.
When the screen mirroring is on the TV, the audio settings should work fine. You may need to go into the exact audio settings based on your TV or computer.
When the audio settings do not work, it is time to make some changes to the audio on your TV. You can use the same rules as you do when other devices are not able to get sound.
No Sound When Screen Mirroring iPhone To Samsung TV
When you try to screen mirror from your iPhone over to a Samsung TV, you may notice that there is no sound available.
You may struggle with the video as well. If the problem is both, you may need to restart both of the devices and then re-connect with screen mirroring to get it to work.
When the problem is just the sound, you can follow a few steps to get it to work well. These include:
- Go into the TV settings and check the speaker selection.
- Check the cables that you use to connect the TV over to any external speakers.
- Make sure to enable the option for Sound Mirroring on the TV.
These will help make sure that you get the mirroring you need with some great audio. If the audio is still not working, check whether it works on your TV without sound mirroring to see whether you need to do a reset on the TV.
No Sound When Screen Mirroring iPhone To Roku
There are a few options you can choose when the sound does not work on the Roku with screen mirroring.
- The first is to check some of the audio settings on your Roku. It may be set up to DDS automatically. If this is true, go into Settings and Audio. Change the sound over to Auto-detect to see if this fixes the problem.
- If that does not work, try changing over to a wireless connection or use the hotspot for your phone to see if a new connection will work.
- For those on a wired connection, it is a good idea to switch over to wireless to see if this helps with the audio.
No Sound When Screen Mirroring Android To PC
It is also possible to screen mirror your Android to the PC. If you notice that there is no sound when you do this, consider the following:
- Get out an Aux cable to try and transmit the sound.
- If you have a desktop computer, take one part of the Aux cable and put it into the blue jack in the back of the computer.
- The other end goes into the Android phone.
- If you use a laptop, you will need to use an external sound card if you only have one jack present. Plug the sound card into it and then add the Aux cable to this and to the phone.
- On the computer, do a right-click on the sound icon so you can Open Volume Mixer.
- Click on the system sound and switch over to Recording. Find the Line In option and choose the sound card you plugged in. Enable the Line IN option.
- Right-click on this again and select properties. Click on Listen and select Listen to this device.
This will help to turn the sound on for your computer so you can use the screen mirroring.
No Sound When Screen Mirroring Android To Roku
When the sound is not working for screen mirroring from your Android device to Roku, there are a few steps that you can use to help make it better. Some of these include:
- Go to the Smart View on your Android device. It may go under a different name based on the device that you have.
- Select Roku as the device from that menu to start the connection.
This will help connect you to the screen mirroring to get things started. You will then need to confirm that there is a connection between the phone and your TV.
Using the remote from Roku, you can select Allow to accept for the current session. There is also the option to Always Allow if you would like to use screen mirroring more often.
You may need to make some adjustments when it comes to different settings with screen mirroring. You will have some choices for which settings you are able to change. To make this work:
- Press the Home button on the Remote.
- Select Settings and then System.
- Click on Screen Mirroring.
While you are in there, you will be able to go through the different settings to see what you would like to adjust.
If none of the options help, it is time to change some settings on the TV. Take a look at some of the settings in the TV to make sure that the sound is on and that the cables are hooked in the right way.
Screen mirroring is a great option to use to help get images off your phone or laptop and have it work on your TV. By following the steps above, you will be able to ensure the sound works well too.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.