It can be really annoying when your device, be it your TV, a mobile phone, or even a weight scale, is refusing to connect.
Ensure that your scale is in the “My Devices” list on the app and check the battery level as a low battery can affect connectivity. There is also a diagnosis tool on the back of the scale that you can hold down for 8 seconds, which will help you figure out the issue. If it doesn’t work, log out and back in again, or reinstall the app altogether.
Keep reading to learn how to fix your Withings scale when it isn’t connecting, how to sync using the accompanying app, and how to reset the scale when all else fails.
Why Is Withings Scale Not Connecting?
There are a few different reasons why your Withings scale is not connecting:
- Your scale isn’t in the list of “My Devices” on the app. If your app isn’t displaying your scale as one of the devices, you need to go through adding it as a new device.
- The scale has a low battery. You can check the device’s battery level through the app. A low battery can affect the connectivity between the scale and the app.
- Not having a strong enough Wi-Fi signal. A weak signal could be because your Wi-Fi isn’t working correctly, or your scale isn’t close enough to the router to get a good signal. Either move your scale closer to the router or reboot your router to fix any connection issues.
- The app isn’t working correctly. You might need to log out of the app, then log in again to reset and ensure the app is working as it should.
If you try the things listed above and are still unable to figure out why the Withings scale isn’t connecting, you can use the diagnosis tool on the back of the scale. Press and hold the button for 8 seconds.
If you get an error code starting with “000,” then follow the instructions provided on the Withings support website page.
How To Sync Withings Scale With The App?
The Health Mate app is available for both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
To sync the app with your scale:
- Download the app and then log in with your account or make a new one.
- Open the app and select “Devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- Ensure that your scale is on the list of devices. If not, you can select the “+” icon on the top right of the “My Devices” menu and select the “Body” scale option to connect your scale.
- The app should automatically sync, but if it doesn’t, then you can select the “Update Wi-Fi configuration” option, and it should prompt you through the process of making sure your Wi-Fi is connecting correctly.
Once everything is connecting the way it should, the app should automatically sync with the scale.
What To Do When The Withings Scale Won’t Sync With The App?
You might try the options listed above and still not sync your app with your scale. To troubleshoot your scale when it isn’t syncing:
- Log out of your account in the app, then log in again. You want to ensure that your account is linking to your app correctly to pull up your previous data.
- Remove your scale from the “My Devices” page and add it again. There may be something wrong with the way you initially set up the device in the app that is causing a syncing problem.
- If all else fails, try uninstalling then reinstalling the app. It could be that there’s something in the app’s cache that is causing an issue, so installing the app should clear out anything, and it should be able to sync. Remember that you will need to add your scale as a device again, but your account should keep all your data.
How To Force The Withings Scale To Sync?
The only way to force your Withings scale to sync with the app is to update the Wi-Fi configuration and hope it syncs correctly.
The scale and app should automatically sync, so there isn’t a manual function other than adding a device to the app and waiting for syncing to occur.
How Long Does It Take To Sync Withings The Scale?
It should only take a few minutes from when you weigh yourself, then your data syncs with the app.
Your scale will also sync at least once during the night to ensure there isn’t any data that hasn’t transferred over from the scale to the app.
How To Reset The Withings Scale?
The easiest way to reset your Withings scale is to take out the batteries, wait a few seconds, then put the batteries back in and turn your scale on.
You can only reset some versions of Withings scales by removing the batteries, while others have more steps to reset to factory settings.
To reset to factory settings:
- Open the app and select “My Devices.”
- Select your scale and tap settings.
- Scroll until you find the option “Dissociate this product.”
- Go to your scale and flip it over, so you can get to the button at the bottom. Press and hold this button for 8 seconds.
- Flip your scale upright again, and the screen should give you options. One of the options should be “reset.”
- Press the button again until the arrow is on “reset.”
- Wait for the reset to complete. You will know the reset is complete when a “Hello!” message appears on the screen.
You will need to go through setting your scale up again as if it was new and syncing it with your app. Your data should be safe in your account.
Related Post: Your Digital Scale Won’t Turn On? Here Is 5 Top Solutions
Most of the time, the reason your Withings scale isn’t syncing or connecting is that there is an issue with the app registering the device, so you will need to re-add it to your list of “My Devices.”
Double-check that the batteries aren’t low, or your Wi-Fi signal is weak, as these can also cause issues connecting and syncing.
As a last resort, you can use the button on the back of the scale to reset or diagnose the problem.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.