The Fitbit Aria is not your ordinary weighing scale. The smart scale gives user’s insightful measurements such as body mass index and lean mass.
For the Aria to be able to communicate with the Fitbit app and other devices, you need to connect it to the stable Wi-Fi network.
If you have trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi for some reason, you may need to reset the device or try reconnecting all over again.
Our guide will help you connect the scale to a network and troubleshoot if you have issues with it.
How To Connect Fitbit Aria To A Wi-Fi Network?
When you take Aria out of its box, the first thing you will need to do is connect it to your Fitbit app, through which you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Let’s look at how you can do that.
- Place the Aria on a flat surface and turn it on.
- On your phone or tablet, open your Fitbit app. If this is your first time, you will need to download the app and register.
- Turn your mobile device’s Bluetooth on.
- In the Fitbit app, click through to your account. The icon has a circle with three lines.
- In your account, select the ‘Set Up a Device’ option.
- A screen will pop up with Fitbit devices ready to connect, select the Aria.
- Details about the device will now show, look through them and select the ‘Set Up’ option.
- The usage and privacy policies will now appear, read through it and click ‘I Agree.’
- The Aria will now display a PIN code, enter it in your Fitbit app when prompted.
- Now, the app will showcase available Wi-Fi networks, select yours and enter its password.
- Aria will now connect to the network. Once done, you will be prompted to finish setting up your fairly simple account.
The setup process can get a bit confusing and there are times that the scale has issues connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
Why Is Fitbit Scale Not Connecting To Wi-Fi?
Usually, when you change any setting of your Wi-Fi network, Fitbit Aria would have trouble connecting to it.
The changes could be the network name, provider, or password.
In those instances, you will need to reconnect to the network.
You can do that through the method mentioned above.
If no changes to the network were made, then there may be issues with the device.
You can sort that out by factory resetting it, but keep in mind that all your settings would be removed in that process.
What To Do When A Fitbit Aria Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi?
Before taking the Aria for any repair work, you should try resetting it to see if there aren’t any issues with its software preventing it from connecting to a network.
More often than not, resetting it resolves Wi-Fi connection problems.
How To Reset Aria Scale?
If you need to reset your Fitbit Aria, you can do the following:
- Remove the batteries from the Aria and leave them out for 15 seconds.
- Insert the batteries again and lay the scale-out on a flat surface.
- Step on the scale and a message should appear on its display.
- As the message appears, take a needle and insert it into the reset hole. This can be found on the backside of the scale.
- The display should now show a ‘Set up Active’ message.
- You will then be prompted to set up the scale.
Once you’ve completed the reset, you will need to connect the device to a Wi-Fi network through the Fitbit app.
You can follow the steps highlighted above on how to connect the Aria to a Wi-Fi network section.
For those with Fitbit Aria 2, the steps are as follows:
- Remove the batteries from the scale.
- You will notice a button directly above the battery slots, press it. Hold it down for about 10 seconds and reinsert the batteries into the slot.
- Turn the scale over and the setup process will begin.
How To Change The Wi-Fi On Your Fitbit Scale?
The process to change to a different Wi-Fi network is as follows:
- In a browser, open fitbit.com/scale/setup/start.
- Put the scale in setup mode by removing its battery and reinserting them after 10 seconds.
- The scale will display the Wi-Fi network, you can change this by taping the lower two corners of the scale.
- The display should now have a ‘Setup active’ message.
- You can now finish the process on the web browser.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth on and open the Fitbit app.
- Tap your profile picture under the Today tab.
- Select ‘Wi-Fi Network’, on some devices it may appear as ‘Pair Scale to Different Network.’
- Click ‘Next’ and select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
While the Fitbit Aria makes it easier for you to track your health, with meaningful measurements such as lean mass and BMI, it can give problems when it comes to pairing with a Wi-Fi network.
Our guide should help you set up and troubleshoot any issues with the smart scale.
If you’ve tried all our suggestions and still fail to connect to a network, then it may be due to hardware issues.
For such cases, the best option is to contact Fitbit support.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.