Did you know that you can make your landline phone wireless? Yes, you no longer have to limit yourself to have to answer calls by your corded phone.
You can use a wireless transmitter kit to transform the phone into wireless. That way, you can move around while talking or even answer calls from another room.
Can A Landline Phone Become Cordless?
Most phone companies provide you with a corded phone. While they let you make calls, they restrict movement. You can only move as much as the cord allows.
This is why many people look for ways to make their phones cordless. To do that, you will need to buy a wireless transmitter kit.
To set it up, you can do the following:
- Take out the telephone transmitter from the kit and plug it into a socket near the phone. Position the transmitter next to the phone outlet.
- Take the dual phone adapter out from the kit. Put the telephone cable’s plug into one of the ports. Then, plug the adapter into the telephone jack.
- Plug the other end of the telephone cable into the telephone transmitter. Then, turn the transmitter on.
- Unplug the modular cord of the handset from the telephone.
- Plug the modular cord into the mini-jack adapter. Now, plug the mini-jack adapter into the transmitter receiver.
- Insert batteries into the receiver.
- You can dial using the corded phone which will now be cordless.
Another option is to use a Bluetooth landline adapter. The adapter comes with a Bluetooth headset and a receiver. You plug the receiver into your phone, dial with your phone, but use the headset to listen and talk.
The range at which you can talk with the headset depends on which adapter you end up picking up. But, expect it to be between 35 to 50 feet inside a home.
Can You Get A Landline Phone With Bluetooth?
You can find Bluetooth-enabled landline phones. The technology is found in many newer cordless phones available in the market. It essentially lets you connect your mobile phone with the landline.
So, any calls that come to your home number can be received on your mobile phone.
Making it easy for you to manage both your landline and mobile number on one phone.
Is There An Adapter To Make A Corded Phone Cordless?
Yes, the wireless transmitter kit comes with everything you need to turn your corded phone into wireless.
You can find many options on platforms such as Amazon or at a local phone store.
Can You Route Landline Calls To Mobile?
Yes, you can route landline calls to your mobile phone. The following steps demonstrate how:
- Pick up your landline phone and dial “*72” after a second or two you should hear a dial tone.
- Now, enter the cellphone number you want to route the calls to.
- You can either press “#” or wait until you hear a message saying that call forwarding was activated.
Your calls will now be forwarded to your mobile phone. To deactivate call forwarding to your mobile, you can do the following:
- From your landline phone dial “*73” and it will automatically stop forwarding calls from the phone.
Will Voice Quality Drop If You Turn Corded Phone Into Cordless?
The voice quality should not be much different on calls even when you have a wireless transmitter kit connected or use a Bluetooth adapter and headset.
The only time you will have issues with the quality is if you are out of range. As long as you stay within the range of the transmitter and Bluetooth adapter, the voice quality should be fine.
If for some reason the quality is poor even when you are within the range, the device might be faulty or you haven’t set it up properly. Make sure to run through the setup again and check if the quality improves.
If it doesn’t, you can take it to a technician to look at and determine the issue.
You don’t need to be a technician to turn your corded phone into a cordless one.
There are many wireless transmitter kits and Bluetooth adapters that you can connect to a corded phone to make it cordless.
Make sure as you install the device that you read the manual and follow our guidelines. You should have no issues in the process and have the freedom of mobility as you talk on the phone.
I’ve been working with technology in one way or the other all my life. After graduating from university, I worked as a sales consultant for Verizon for a few years. Now I am a technical support engineer by day and write articles on my own blog here in my spare time to help others if they have any issues with their devices.